ElvUI Chat editbox formatting breaks, and opaque panel overlays the chat
Sometimes, and this is intermittent, the Chat Editbox will overlay the top of my chat screen with a horizontal line, which makes it impossible to read. I can't figure out what causes this to happen, but it's very annoying.
Also intermittently, I find the left panel backdrop's Z-order on top of the chat itself, so I can't see my chat at all! Turning the chat panel off and back on again fixes this but again, pretty annoying. I narrowed this down to locking the chat position (under panels in the chat module).
Version Number 10.77
Steps to Reproduce I am unable to repro on fresh installs.
Expected Behavior The chat entry box should look normal, no overlapping, and when locked the chat panel should have a Z order beneath the chatr itself.
Actual Behavior See description. I went to a lot of effort to try to debug.
- New char: No issues
- Moved chat entry to top and /rl: No issues
- moved chat window, turned off right panel, resized left panel, turned off all datatexts, deleted right chat, and /rl: no issues
- exited game entirely, logged back in: no issues
So I'm not entirely sure how to replicate the problem. Some of my characters have it and some don't.
On characters with the problem,
- moving chat, turning off the left panel, turning off sep panel sizes, turning on lock position: this caused my chat to disappear entirely I unlocked and /rl! And then after that it came back but the same problem with misaligned chat entry with the weird horizontal line.
- turning right chat panel on and moving it (there is no right chat in my config) around: didn't fix it
- turning on lock positions, tab panel transparency, and tab panel: same problem, locking positions hides my left chat entirely. So that's pretty broken there too.
- unlocking position, moving chat entry to the bottom: DID fix it, but on the bottom, which is not where I want it. And then when I moved it back to the top and /rl, broken again.
- changing chat panel size (to 175/400, if that matters): did not fix it
- changing chat panel size (to 175/400, if that matters) and then locking position and /rl: did not fix it, chat is completely hidden again
- keeping locked, moving the left chat panel then /rl: still hidden with lock on
- unlocking position, moving the left chat panel then /rl: not fixed
- changing databar height to 170 for XP (aligned to left chat) and /rl: did not fix it
- returning everything to how I like it: DID fix it and persisted through a /rl. But I have no clue why!!
- then I backed up that supposedly known-good config to another profile, then switch back to the "good" one, and my chat entry was messed up again.
Only ElvUI Enabled see above re repro, and yes this happens with only elvui enabled
Blizzard Issue? no, ElvUI specific issue with the chat addon
Additional Information As requested on the forums, I'm attaching exports of my character (labeled broken) and a fresh one (working).
Error Log broken_elvuiexp.txt